The movement experts at SPARK have all completed Doctoral training in physical therapy and have extensive sports backgrounds. They lead our colleagues and the industry in client satisfaction, customer service and the sport specific care that the health seeking community is looking for. They utilize a number of techniques to help reduce your pain, improve your sport or play performance while providing the highest level of client education.
In THIS way alone, positive results become permanent improvements.
Dr. Carlos J. Berio, PT, DPT, MS, CSCS, CMTPT, HKC
Sports Rehab and Performance Specialist
Dr. Carlos J. Berio is among the most highly trained Physical Therapy Professionals in the Metro D.C. region. He has been working with clients across a very wide spectrum of health and fitness levels since 1998. Carlos earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology from the University of Maryland at College Park and subsequently earned his Master’s Degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology from the George Washington University. His education is rounded out by a Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy with which he uses his skills to get his clients to reach pain free maximal performance.
Carlos’ passions lie in the attaining of client rehab goals and the highest level of performance possible. Because of his attention to detail, unique treatment style and priority on one-on-one care his clients move without pain and undergo amazing transformations in their physical condition. However, Carlos derives the most satisfaction from the realization that his clients become highly educated in the technical aspects of their body and how the entire “chain” functions as a whole.
As Executive Director, Carlos aspires to develop and retain the most highly trained staff of Physical Medicine, Sports Physical Therapy and Personal Fitness Professionals in northern Virginia.
“We are here to bridge the gap between rehab and high level performance.”
D.P.T. Doctor of Physical Therapy
A DPT Program in Arlington, VA
M.S. Clinical Exercise Physiology
George Washington University, Washington, DC
University of Maryland at College Park, MD
Special Qualifications and Certifications:
- Member of the Private Practice Section (PPS) of the APTA
-Author for Impact Magazine (Publication of the PPS)
- Travell and Simons Method – Myopain Seminars- Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Physical Therapist (CMTPT)
- Member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) by the NSCA
- Certified in CPR and AED by the American Red Cross
- CONTINUING EDUCATION Including:
– Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
– Myofascial Trigger Point and Dry Needling Provider via the Travell DN Systems
– Recent Advances in the Evaluation and Treatment of the Shoulder and Knee
– Manual Therapy of the Upper Extremity
– Sports Specific Injuries
– Maitland Certified Manipulation Specialist
– Maitland Certified Evidence Based Orthopedic Diagnostic Evaluation Specialist
|Pro Motion Lifestyle and Performance||Founder / Strength, Conditioning and Fitness Professional|
|Headfirst Baseball Academy||Professional Baseball Coach /Athletic Development Expert|
|Health Fitness Corporation||Health Enhancement Program Coordinator|
|Fitness for Health||Pediatric Fitness Specialist|
|GSP Fitness Personal Training||Personal Trainer|
|The George Washington University||Graduate Assistant /Adjunct Professor / Personal Trainer|
|Junior Tennis Champions Center||Strength and Conditioning Coach / Personal Trainer|
|Bally Total Fitness||Master Trainer / Personal Training Director|